Very often, people have one of three reactions to a problem:
Hope – “Something will change. I’ll wait until it gets better.”
Despair – “Nothing will change. I can’t do anything because it won’t get better.”
Action – “I’ve got to do something to change this for the better!”
This statement is so true for people who suffer from a lack of confidence too – and you can probably guess which option I would recommend to solve that.
There is an old saying “If you keep doing the same thing, you’ll keep getting the same result.” Whereas knowing you are doing something to change your situation can actual help you feel less stressed and more confident about your current situation, as well as what you want to do instead.
So, how can you start to take action and take your confidence levels to a new level?
- Start with a really good look at yourself – and I mean a GOOD look at yourself. Avoid picking out anything you perceive as a fault and focus on the things you do well.
- Write down all the things you think of – and if you struggle to come up with more than just a few, think about what your friends would say you were good at. Even better, ask them – they’re your friends for a reason, so there are loads of great things about you do that you don’t even think about (or maybe haven’t even realised are great).
- Then read your list back, think about what’s on it.
- Now think about this. There was a time when you didn’t know how to do these things, but now you do – and you do them really well.
- And that means you can learn to do anything really well – including being more confident.
Keep your list somewhere handy, so you have a confidence wobble you can remind yourself how good you are, and how well you learn. You’ll soon put yourself back on solid, confident ground.
So choose ACTION – you’ll be glad you did.
About Nicola Fox Dip. THP (N-SHAP)
I specialise in hypnotherapy and confidence mentoring for professionals who want to achieve their full potential, either 1-2-1 or in a workshop environment.
For 13 years, I have enabled my clients to become more confident, self-assured and better able to achieve their goals. 1-2-1 packages are tailored specifically for each client, personalised to provide individual solutions for their issues.
I offer 1-2-1- therapy and masterclasses and am a public speaker on confidence and hypnotherapy.
I specialise in hypnotherapy and confidence mentoring for:
- Fear of public speaking, presentations and interviews
- Imposter Syndrome
- Phobias and fears
- Weight loss & related issues
- Regaining confidence after a crisis – redundancy, divorce, bereavement, etc
Find out how hypnotherapy can help you.
Arrange your free, confidential 15-minute telephone consultation by going to the Contact Me tab at the top of this page.
I have hypnotherapy practices in:
- Liverpool Street, EC2 and
- Islington, N1