Have you ever noticed how some people seem to ooze confidence?
You only have to look at them to know that they are in control of their life and doing what they want to do.
Have you ever compared yourself with them and thought “I wish I could be more like that”? Well, you can.
It’s true – and one of the easiest ways to start is through “Modelling”.
Try these three steps:
- Think of someone you admire, someone you think is confident, someone you would like to be more like.
- Think about how they present themselves, for example, how they stand, their facial expressions, or how they sound. Identify what makes them seem confident to you.
- Now think about how you could adapt their confident behaviour to make it right for you in your life.
There are two very good reasons to do this:
- You will actually start to feel more confident, because you are adopting the traits of confident behaviour AND
- Other people will to see you as a confident person, and treat you as one, which will boost your confidence.
And as you begin to feel more confident, and as you are treated as a confident person, your confidence will actually grow.
So, have a go. Here are some suggestions to get you started:
- Stand up straight, with your shoulders back, and tummy pulled in.
- Breathe deeply and evenly (this will help you to feel relaxed and keep oxygen flowing to your brain, so you’ll think faster).
- Make eye contact when you are talking to people, and keep it throughout your conversation. (Remember to blink!)
So start “Modelling” – and with just a little practice, you’ll feel your confidence grow.
About Nicola Fox Dip. THP (N-SHAP)
I specialise in hypnotherapy and confidence mentoring for professionals who want to achieve their full potential, either 1-2-1 or in a workshop environment.
For 13 years, I have enabled my clients to become more confident, self-assured and better able to achieve their goals. 1-2-1 packages are tailored specifically for each client, personalised to provide individual solutions for their issues.
I offer 1-2-1- therapy and masterclasses and am a public speaker on confidence and hypnotherapy.
I specialise in hypnotherapy and confidence mentoring for:
- Fear of public speaking, presentations and interviews
- Imposter Syndrome
- Phobias and fears
- Weight loss & related issues
- Regaining confidence after a crisis – redundancy, divorce, bereavement, etc
Find out how hypnotherapy can help you.
Arrange your free, confidential 15-minute telephone consultation by going to the Contact Me tab at the top of this page.
I have hypnotherapy practices in:
- Liverpool Street, EC2
- Ipswich, Suffolk